Nepal - October 2017 Update #1
Meet your First Baptist 2017 Nepal Mission Team
Fred, Jessie, Darrin, Rick, and Patty.
Their bags have been packed, loaded, and are hopefully with them currently as they began the longest leg of their journey, the 12+ hour flight from the US to the Middle East.
Darrin’s selfie with Patty and Rick.
We are assuming that Fred and Jessie are in fact, seated behind them as reported.
The team is scheduled to land in the Middle East just before midnight tonight (our time). They’ll board a 5 hour flight soon after for Nepal.
Stay tuned for updates over the next 7 days so we can pray well for our people!
Prayer Needs Today
This is the first Nepal trip for Fred, Patty, and Jessie. Please pray that they experience God’s goodness as they travel and minister in His Name.
Please pray for Rick and Darrin that they are given fresh eyes and hearts for the mission ahead of them as they embark on their third and fourth Nepal mission trips.
For the team:
- Pray for safe travels, smooth connecting flights
- Health for the duration of the trip
- Patient endurance during the long flights and layovers
For the country:
- Open hearts of the people
- Good participation of children in the village
- Students hungry for the teaching headed their way
For the church:
- That we would be faithful to pray
- That we stay attentive to the mission in which we are a vital part (even though it’s our fourth time too!!)
- That our hearts would beat for the Nepali people
For the entire endeavor:
- That God would be glorified